Pages

Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins



With my mom and youngest sister coming to town in a few days (YAY!), I decided to make a few things ahead of time.. as we usually keep busy doing things like bike rides, card games & playing with the pups.

I started paroozing for a healthy banana bread recipe, but the last few I've tried have been BAD.. with mushy/gooey insides. YUCK! I found this one through allrecipes.com and only made a couple of small changes that turned out great. Oh and I prefer muffins over bread loaves, so I switched that up too. Next time, I will find a substitution for the brown sugar!

Ingredients:

2 c. of flour (I used 1 cup of whole wheat & 1 cup of gluten free all-purpose)
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt (I used himalayan salt)
1/4 c. butter (I used 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce)
1/8 c. non-fat greek yogurt (I used 0% greek)
2 eggs
2 1/3 c. mashed bananas
2 palmfuls of blueberries (yep, palmfuls)
cinnamon
coconut oil cooking spray



Directions: 

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tins
-Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt in a large bowl
-Beat butter (or applesauce), yogurt, & brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth
-Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth
-Stir in mashed bananas until well blended
-Pour banana mixture to flour mixture; stir until moist
-fold in blueberries
-pour batter into muffin tins
-bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden & muffins are baked through.. let cool before storing!

*you can opt to make this in a 9x5 bread pan, but you will need to bake it for about an hour*

This recipe was adapted from:: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/healthier-banana-banana-bread/


Try this recipe and let me know what you think.. I accidentally ate 2 already! Time to go burn those carbs off.. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment