Pages

Blueberry Spinach Muffins

I'm always on the hunt for healthy, no-guilt treat recipes that are easy to whip up, as I am by NO means a baker. Tonight, I was paroozing pinterest, while standing hungrily in my kitchen post-workout, & found my inspiration for this recipe.


{recipe found here, but my recipe includes adaptations}

My Ingredients:

1.5 C Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons of Truvia
1.2 C Unsweetened Applesauce
"Palm-ful" of Fresh Blueberries
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 C Fresh Spinach
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
Dash of Salt

[[I also ended up using a splash of unsweetened almond milk]]


Directions:

1. Turn on your favorite iTunes station or the latest episode of The Bachelorette.

... THEN, Pre-heat oven to 350° F :)

2. Combine Truvia, Egg, Applesauce, Vanilla Extract, Oil & Spinach in a blender or food processor and give it a whirl! Pour blended spinach liquid into a large mixing bowl.


3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt.

4. Mix the wet & dry ingredients together with a spatula- the duo will form a thick dough.



**To loosen mine up a bit, so I could fold in my blueberries, I added a splash of unsweetened almond milk.

5. Fold in said blueberries



6. Spoon dough into a greased muffin tin & place in over for 15-18 minutes.

7. Eat a muffin IMMEDIATELY after baking (just kidding, watch out for burning your mouth!). Then, portion the rest of the muffins into baggies so you can freeze or refrigerate the perfect amount.


**This recipe makes about 9-10 large muffins**


If your sweet tooth is super cray-cray & you need to take these bad boys to the next level, try drizzling a small amount of honey or agave while hot!

Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.

Bon Appetit
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment