Pages

Our Big News: We're #GhoensToGuam


You as shocked as we are?!

You read that right.. come fall of this year, we're #GhoensToGUAM

You know that verse in the bible about God being in control..
oh wait, that's ALL of it. HA

More specifically, in Proverbs 16:9 we're reminded that we make plans in our hearts, but GOD directs our steps.

So let's talk about that a bit..

Last year, we made the decision to choose California as our next military assignment. We even downsized both cars because of how "certain" we were at one time that we'd go there next.

We thought, "what a new adventure for our family."
"Yeah, it'll be different going ALL the way to the west coast (HA),
but we can do it!!"

Little did we know, that mental & heart shift was preparing us for a bigger one down the road.

This week, the needs of the Navy changed our plans.
But God wasn't surprised by that at all.

We knew that technically an overseas option might present itself.
But we were told that chances weren't too terribly high.
So we put it on the mental back burner & kept on with our "plans."

I did, however, text a couple of my friends for some wisdom.
..and a little out of POSSIBLE panic.
Being totally honest, I was hoping they'd even send up a selfish prayer or two for us to be out of the "running" for one of those overseas spots.

My sweet friends Jessica & Malerie reminded me that no matter WHERE we would go, to be confident that God has already gone before us & hand picked our next home. That He is already setting up our friends & community for us. "Supernatural comfort" was even prayed over us.

I'm in tears typing this because.. praise Jesus for sweet friendships!! Love you two!

Mean while, God kept putting other things before me..
Even reading Facebook posts from friends about similar testimonies.
My sweet friend Lindsey wrote about their family's recent transition & how CLEAR it is to her know that He intentionally provided so much for them RIGHT where they are.

I would read things like that & hope that God was just reminding me of His character - but not for the underlying specific reason I began to feel in my spirit that it was for.

This Monday I woke up just KNOWING something different..
Nate was supposed to contact the detailer & chat about our next home.
We were honestly open to anything stateside - in Virginia or California.
And I NEEDED it to be one of those.
The fearful part of me did..

But Nate came home from work, we laid Reagan down for a late nap & sat at the (card) table to eat.

Before I could take the first bite, he said the words..

"I called the detailer today. And we're going to Guam."

It was the weirdest combination of shock of watching the words come out of his mouth that I had hoped he would't say, but also a complete lack of surprise because something in my gut (HELLO, Holy Spirit) just knew..

 I said ok.
And asked several logistical questions.
I quickly texted my friends who had been praying for us.
Talked a few more minutes with Nate.
Then excused myself.
Closed myself in my closet.
And wept.

I KNOW this is no accident.
I'm CONFIDENT in the provision of God.
I believe He has a PURPOSE for this.

But still, my heart broke a little.
Thinking of the time (moreso than if we were stationed in the US) that we'll be spending apart as a family for the next three years.

Fortunately for me - one of my oldest friends was available to chat.
And she listened..
But then she made me laugh.
She has just the words I needed to hear.

So I got the tears out of my system.
Then I came out & found Nate who was ready to hug me.

I told him with red eyes and a snotty nose that we were going to be just fine.
We'll make it work.
And we'll look back in 10 years & think about the memories we made.

THIS was the adventure our hearts were being prepared for.
This was the place of obedience & surrender that God wanted us to be at.
Now I know.

Yes.
We'll be FAR from family & our dear friends.

Yes.
We'll be separated more from each other.

But even MORE Yes..
God is in control.
He ordained this.
We have been called by the LORD before the US military to Guam.
It will be our home.. our place of work.. our next adventure.. our mission field.

So while I might need some occasional encouragement as we prepare our minds & hearts PLUS start this crazy process of preparing to move across the world - I'm looking FORWARD with anticipation of excitement to come & seeing what God has in store for us.

Friends, we covet your prayers!
Prayers for smooth preparation.
Prayers for travel mercies.
Prayers as we coordinate things for our pets.
Prayers as we find a new home.
Prayers as we separate from Florida.
Prayers for PRECIOUS quality time here before we leave & there after we move.
Prayer for protection.
Prayer for a heart of OBEDIENCE.
Prayer for a spirit of willingness.
Prayer for opportunity to love, serve & minister.

You're part of launching us.
So we thank you in advance.

And for anyone who's "been there, done that."
Feel free to hit me up with all your tips & tricks.

And be sure to follow us on Facebook or IG for the latest on our new adventure!!

The countdown is on..








3 comments:

  1. Friend sent me this blog as a motivator. This whole thing is a pat on the back to yourself or whoever you sell your product to. Self absorbed much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a real shame you see it that way. My blog is a place for women to find empowerment & encouragement - and personal posts like these are a testimony of God's faithfulness in my life. Blessings to you anyways!

      Delete
    2. Your reply doesn't even make sense, Anonymous! "Pat on the back to yourself"? She was pointing to God and the fact that He's in control regardless of the fears and unknown and asking for prayer from her community as they move forward. Pat on the back to "whoever you sell your product to"? She doesn't even mention that. Sounds like you're the one who is self-absorbed. Maybe you're struggling with some issues. I think you need to stop attacking people who are earnestly and humbly seeking the Lord's direction and asking others to reach out who have walked similar paths. I pray that you will stop looking to find blame and point out people's faults and look inwardly. Just know that constantly being critical of others and passing judgment leads to a miserable, negative life.

      Delete