Pages

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites: 80 Day Obsession Approved Recipe

chocolate peanut butter bites, fixate recipes, 80 day obsession recipes, 21 day fix recipes, 21 day fix extreme recipes, 80 day obsession

Chocolate Peanut Butter BITES

Ahhhh, another week of this 80 day program down &
another "refeed" {aka glycogen boost} day is UP.

Read more about what the heck we're doing HERE in my post about 80 Day Obsession!

I decided to choose a new approved treat to try this week - although the chickpea brownies I've made twice now are my SOULMATE SNACK - so they better be good, right??

This recipe is actually from my trainer for these 13 weeks - who also just so happens to be the creator of a life-changing meal/recipe plan called "fixate" that I've been following for a larger part of the past 3 years.

Any meal plan that allows some freedom for chocolate & peanut butter is a win in my book, am I right!?

I'm slapping my own name on these tasty nuggets + sharing a couple of my own personal tweaks. BUT.. I gotta give credit to my girl Autumn for being the OG creator of this one!

chocolate peanut butter bites, fixate recipes, 80 day obsession recipes, 21 day fix recipes, 21 day fix extreme recipes, 80 day obsession

Ready for the recipe??
Here we go..

Ingredients:

1 cup All-Natural Peanut Butter
(the original recipe called for smooth, but I went CHUNKY!)
1 tbsp Cornstarch
3/4 cup Coconut Flour
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
(next time I'll probably try honey or agave instead)
8 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate, 62% cocoa or higher, chopped
2 tsp extra virgin organic coconut oil, unrefined
*I also used a little pink himalayan sea salt!*

Directions:

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper & set to the side.

Combine the peanut butter, cornstarch, coconut flour & maple syrup in a bowl; stir with a spatula until the mixture forms a uniform dough.

 

Using {clean.. duh} hands, shape the dough into 24 one inch balls. If you want to make the next step easier, place a toothpick in the center of each ball.
Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet & refrigerate for about 20 minutes.


Fill a small pot with about 2 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low.

Place a heat-proof mixing bowl over the pot & add the chocolate and coconut oil. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just melted.


Remove balls from the refrigerator.
If you used them, hold a ball by the toothpick and dip into chocolate, swirling to completely coat. I personally just rolled them in the chocolate & dropped them on the sheet. It's a bit messier, but I like working with my hands.

 

Return to baking sheet. Repeat with each ball.

If you want to amp up your flavah, sprinkle a SMALL amount of himalayan salt on the balls, before the next step.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until chocolate has hardened.

Finally, store in airtight container & try not to eat them all!

They are SO darn good, y'all.

chocolate peanut butter bites, fixate recipes, 80 day obsession recipes, 21 day fix recipes, 21 day fix extreme recipes, 80 day obsession

These are most definitely still a TREAT, so remember moderation & savor one at a time.

For my readers who are following the fixate plan, one of these is equal to a "yellow container."

If you're working through 80 Day Obsession like we are, one of these is equal to a "dirty yellow container" ONLY on your refeed day!

 Give these a try & let me know what you think!

They're HEAVENLY.


No comments:

Post a Comment