Pages

Fix APPROVED, Healthy Avocado Dressing



I LOVE a good salad, especially when I'm on a meal plan requiring lots of veggie intake- like the container system that's a part of the 21 Day Fix, Hammer & Chisel and even similar to that of 22 Minute Hard Corps (releasing March of 2016).

HOWEVER, I do most definitely get tired of just using a simple vinegar or vinaigrette day in and day out.. I mean, I'm a recovering Ranch-aholic, y'all.. #thestruggleisreal

Fortunately, this recipe came in my 21 Day Fix meal plan/cookbook and I'm sharing it today with YOU as a tried and true delicious concoction!

What the portion fix meal plan refers to as Creamy Herb Dressing, I refer to as a Healthy Avocado Greek Yogurt dressing because of the star players in this mash up.




Ingredients:
1/2 C Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Ripened Avocado
3 Tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 C EVOO
S&P
Dried OR Fresh Herbs
(all I had was dill, tarragon, garlic, parsley & basil)

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients but olive oil in blender and blend until smooth. Slowly add in EVOO until you achieve creamy consistency. And that's it.. really, y'all!


This recipe makes about 10+ servings and if you're following a meal plan using the color coded container system I mentioned above, one serving is considered an ORANGE container.

I put this on top of a salad yesterday with grilled chicken, mixed greens, organic salsa and shredded cheese & it was just UH-mazing.

FYI: If you have avocados at home to make this dressing, but they aren't ripe yet... hop on over to THIS post where I explain HOW to ripen those puppies up asap!



No comments:

Post a Comment