Pages

Growing Ghoens: Week 21 Bump Date


Here's our Week 21 BUMPDATE, y'all!

Girlfriend, we officially have a BELLY.
But that's because you're a whopping 14 ounces now & growing like a weed as each week passes!! And your momma has gained almost 8 pounds herself..
Thank goodness we're staying healthy & working out hard.
Just doing our best :)

Speaking of working out hard, your movements are getting even stronger & more frequent. You like to move lots during the day even though that's when most people say you should be sleeping. Aren't you a little rule breaker..

And sometimes you like to scrunch up on one side of my belly in the mornings.. it looks like I have an alien in my tummy! Pretty cool, peanut.

I started reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth this week & kind of wish we were having you on the Farm in their cozy little birthing house. Your dad would NOT know what to think about that, but it's pretty amazing reading about the love & support given to each of the families who have birthed there. We'll make it just right here for you though!

OH! Baby girl, your first mail came this week from our nice neighbors. How cool is THAT?! You got a couple of classic books that I can't wait to read to you.

Speaking of reading, your dad has still been going through Genesis with you every couple of nights.. can you hear him anymore clearly now? He loves that time with you.

What we're munching on lately:
Well, everything is basically the same.
BUT I indulged in our first pregnancy craving so far this week..
a toasted turkey sub on wheat bread with pepper jack cheese & EVERY veggie they had + yellow mustard. Guilt free & SUPER tasty!!
Do you like veggies as much as I do?

We got a surprise peek at your sweet face this week & it seems that you're going to look a lot like your papa bear! From the profile photo we got, you already have his nose & lips! AHHH

I'm so grateful for how you're growing, my dear.
Your heart is beating strong & you're developing like you should.
We're praying for you EVERY single day though & would love it if our family and friends would join us.

There is still lots to come in this journey before we meet you & we're learning to trust the Lord every step of the way. 

Your dad & I are meditating on this passage of scripture & remembering that God already knows EXACTLY who you're going to be, even when we wonder or worry!

Psalm 139:13-16

For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,

when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.

Jesus has you RIGHT in the palm of His hands, hun.
There's no where safer we could hope for!

only 19 more weeks..
we love you


No comments:

Post a Comment