Pages

FIXATE Approved Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins


FIXATE Approved:
Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins


This recipe began as most do in our house.. with a scroll on Pinterest!

Praise tha Lawd for sweet sweet Pinterest.

Can I get a witness from my other domestic wanna-be friends out there??

I came across the original banana bread muffin recipe from Adventures of a Shrinking Princess & decided to modify it a bit to (1) what I had on hand (2) my personal taste.

Basically, I never have ALL the ingredients for a recipe & I refuse to run to the store. So I've learned how to come up with lots of substitutes with sweeteners, fats, etc!

There are a TON of different ways you could tweak this for some tasty variations, but I wanted to keep the ingredient list within my meal plan so they are guilt-free.

Here's what I tried!
And you can hop over to the original recipe to see the two things I changed this go around.


Ingredients:

3 {ripe} Bananas
2 Eggs
3/4 C Quick Oats
2 Scoops Chocolate Shakeology
2 Tbsp Trivia
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Dash of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
*optional: 1 palmful of dark chocolate or carob chips*

This recipe was SO easy, y'all!!


Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350.

2. Put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor & mix until smooth. My batter was so thick that I had to stir in the middle then continue blending!


3.  I personally sprayed my muffin tins lightly with coconut oil & opted out of using liners or a silicone pan, but that's completely up to you! Either way - prep your tins or liners so there's no sticking!!


4. Divide the batter equally into 12 muffin tins. This recipe makes 12 total servings.
I'll post the Fixate container/serving equivalents below!

 OPTIONAL:
I chose to top each muffin with 4 chocolate chips.
I think it would have been even better baked INTO the batter, but I wanted to make sure the portions were correct!

5. Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes, or until a tooth-pick comes out clean when testing the centers. Roughly 20 minutes was the sweet spot for my muffins!


Do you see how AMAZING these turned out?!

And talk about fluffy!!
I read originally that muffins with oats instead of flour can turn out kind of sunken, but that was clearly not the case with this recipe.

I stored the muffins (all 11 of them after my IMMEDIATE taste test) in an air-tight tupperware & they lasted all week in the fridge! I'm surprised too that they made it that long :)

Just pull one out one of these puppies when you're in a pinch for time or trying to avoid succumbing to your sweet tooth & microwave for about 15 seconds before you dig in.

FIXATE Nutritional Information Per Muffin:
1/2 Purple, 1/3 Red, 1/3 Yellow, 1/2 tsp (chocolate chips)
________________________________________

So what might I try next time?

Well, my hubby loves vanilla.. I'd call him CRAY for not being a total chocoholic like myself, but instead I'll say we complete each other :) So next time I may opt for vanilla shakeology instead!

Also, I could totally see mixing in some PB2 powder, diced strawberries, flax or chia seeds, etc!!

What do you do if you DON'T have shakeology?

Obviously I'd recommend buying some because it has changed my LIFE.. just search "shakeology" on my blog for info. BUT, if you don't have any right on hand, opt for whatever protein mix you have at home! 

 Give this recipe a try & let me know how YOU decide to tweak it!!
________________________________________

To learn more about shakeology, feel free to read here (why it's worth the $), here (if it's safe to drink while pregnant) or here (what the heck it is).

You can even watch this funny video I made, if you'd like!

________________________________________







No comments:

Post a Comment