Pages

Refresh: Day ONE



Before I get into the deets, I'd like to fill you in on what I did before: reviewed program in full, decided to take 3 days off from exercise (to allow my body to use the ingested calories to cleanse my system, rather than using them to rebuild muscles), selected the foods I would eat in advance, made grocery trip & prepped my produce (wash, chop, store).


So I woke up today totally JAZZED to start my refresh-- I think being mentally prepared is important. I started out by coming straight downstairs and drinking a full glass of ice water. Then, I had my first meal within an hour of waking up. My breakfast consisted of Chocolate Shakeology mixed with water (only) and kiwi, which was an approved fruit serving.





About 1.5 hours after my breakfast, it was time for a hot mug of herbal tea: you pick which one you like most.. but go with decaf and don't add sugar.

water.

water.

water.

Another hour later, post tea, I had my fiber sweep that was simply shaken into about 6 ounces of water. Cheers!


By the time lunch rolled around, I was READY to chew on something. At this point, I wasn't starving, but definitely had the munchies. Meal two:  red peppers, hummus and grapes + vanilla fresh shake in ice water.









 ..surprisingly satisfying!


After more water and about 2 hours, I was allowed another mug of herbal tea with a snack (meal 3).
(1 veggie + 1 healthy fat)

No time to get hungry through out the afternoon with the perfectly timed snack!

I waited probably 30 minutes too long for dinner and INHALED my food. My dinner, 4th meal, consisted of sautéed asparagus and almonds with olive oil and lemon juice. I also got to drink another vanilla fresh shake- this time I blended it with a little ice, water, cinnamon and lemon juice! DELISH..



I'm sitting upstairs now in my office with a slight taste for a snack, but I'm not starving.. dragging.. or "hangry" (a term coined by Nate after seeing his wife in a state of angry fueled by hunger.. HA).

I could probably go have another glass of water or some hot tea, but I think bed is calling my name.

Day One: success!



No comments:

Post a Comment